The ISO Survey of Certifications is an annual survey of the number of valid certificates to ISO management system standards worldwide
Post date: 04-10-2017
The ISO Survey of Certifications is an annual survey of the number of valid certificates to ISO management system standards worldwide.
In order to compile the information in this survey, we contact accredited* certification bodies and request information about the number of valid certificates they have as at 31 December 2016. (ISO itself does not perform certification and therefore does not issue certificates). This results in the
most comprehensive overview of certifications to these standards currently available, despite the fluctuations in the number of certificates from year to year due to differences in the number of participating certification bodies and the number of certificates they report.
A summary of the 2016 results is shown below:
* Accredited certification bodies are those that have been independently evaluated by accreditation body members of the IAF, the world association of conformity assessment accreditation bodies
**ISO 9001:2008 (= 1025761 ) + ISO 9001:2015 (=80596)
***ISO 14001:2004 (=323023) + ISO 14001:2015 (=23167)
• This year we added two new management system standards, ISO 39001:2012 Road traffic safety (RTS) management systems - Requirements with guidance for use and ISO 28000:2007 Specification for security management systems for the supply chain,
after recommendations from international accreditation and certification experts that we consult annually. This brings the total of standards surveyed to 11.
• A total of 1,643,117 valid certificates (of the 11 standards covered by the survey) were reported, compared to 1,520,368 the previous year, an increase of 8%.
• A total of 1,106,356 valid certificates were reported for ISO 9001 (including 80,596 issued to the 2015 version) an increase of 7% on last year. A total of 346,189 valid certificates were reported for ISO 14001 (including 23,167 issued to the 2015 version) up 8% on last year.
• A total of 18,976 valid certificates were reported for ISO 50001 for energy management (up 58% on last year) and 4537 valid certificates were reported for ISO 20000-1 for Service management in information technology (up 63% on last year). The strong growth seen for these two standards is likely to be related to the fact that they are both relatively new to the market.
• ISO and IEC’s standard for information security, ISO/IEC 27001 experience the same annual growth of 20% annual increase as last year to 33,290 certificates worldwide, while ISO 13485 for medical devices and ISO/TS 16949 for the automotive sector were up 13% and 7% respectively
KMR VIET NAM CERTIFICATION
Add: 6thFloor, Giay Viet Plaza, 180-182 Ly Chinh Thang,
Ward 9, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
Tel - Fax: +84-28 6290 5086